Layout 5 King Of My Heart
For the concrete/cement effect here, I mixed my home-made Gesso with ashes from my cigarettes (it took a LOT of ashes to get this color because there is white acrylic paint in my gesso base and applied it with a plastic card.
The other colored gessos were made by simply mixing a few drops of Tim holtz distress Inks with the white gesso. I applied these with stencils using a plastic spoon.
Created September 3, 2015
See Supply List below for anyone who wants to recreate the background... :)
- Homemade Gesso (Baking Soda Based) See Recipe Here! Applied on page bg w/ plastic card.
- Stencils: Heidi Swapp Confetti (6"x 6"), TCW Mini Tile Texture (6"x 6").
- Jute Hearts From $ store, inked with Dylusions Ink Sprays in: Calypso Teal, Pure Sunshine, Cut Grass & Chopped Pesto.
- Tim Holtz Fastener (can't remember the name of it, it's retired now, but includes jump rings, swivel clasps and a chain).
- Eyelet Recollections from Michaels (used in 2nd jute heart to attach fastener).
- Heart shaped Stick Pin & Paperclips from The Scrapping Turtle.
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Black Soot, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean, Evergreen Bough, Broken China, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers.
- Maya Road Journey Accents (Metal Heart Ribbon Holder-Yellow).
- CTMH Finger Dabbers (used to apply inks).
- Stamps From Michaels (Lips and others not shown), Word KING was stamped with Coffee House Alpha by Inkadinkadoo Clear stamps, added swirls by me..
- Trinkets: crowns, vintage watch & turquoise pendant from Michaels.
- Project Life Journal Cards (3"x4") Graph & Assorted Colors (used for inserts (not shown) in bottom pouch).
- Patterned papers for 'Of My Heart' Bo Bunny. Inked by me.
- SU Stampin' Up Tag punch (On journal card insert).