Layout 6 You Inspire Me
For the Grey background I smeared on home-made gesso (baking soda based) mixed with ashes with a plastic card and then scraped it off after the color of the ashes stained the paper.
I created the angel wings by tracing a necklace I have from sammydress.com (here) with a pencil and then just painting them using deco art acrylics.
The flames are made with a stencil and home-made gesso (baking soda based) mixed with CTMH Re-Inker in sky.
The mini Ledger stencil was used to create the above by mixing home-made gesso (baking soda based) with CTMH Re-inker in Denim.
Above: Home-made gesso mixed with ashes and extra white glue shaped freehand into a heart & random splotches pressed on with a plastic card to create this charcoal/concrete effect.
Created September 4, 2015
See Supply List below for anyone who wants to recreate the background... :)
- Home-made Gesso (Baking Soda Based) See Recipe Here!
- Copic Sketch Marker Black 110 (for framing edge of layout).
- Stencils: Heidi Swapp - Chevron (6"x6"), TCW Mini Flames (6"x6"), TCW Mini Ledger (6"x6").
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Salty Ocean.
- Deco Art Acrylic Paint: White & Silver Morning (for angel Wings).
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Salty Ocean (used with chevron stencil).
- IDentiPen Black for outlining.
- Zig Calligraphy Marker Black (for lettering).
- Cloud: Elite Image printer paper (from Office Depot), Hand drawn by me w/ IDentiPen Highlighted w/ Stickles & CTMH White Daisy Ink.
- Stickles: True Blue.
- CTMH Ink: (Re-Inkers) White Daisy, Denim & Sky.
- Bazzil Basics Taxtured Cardstock: Blue (for lettering, which was hand written by me).